Monday, December 11, 2006

I am a volleyball PRO!!!!


'AUF GREAT DANES '



Volleyball



- A game in which a number of players on both side of a high net endeavor to keep a large ball in motion with the hands from side to side with out letting it drop.



IM A VOLLEYBALL PRO!!


I started playing when i was in my second year highschool. I never thought that i would develop my skills. My friends are the one who pushed me to join the Varsity team.

On my first day of try-out, I felt nervous because of the senior players. The coach told me to come back the next day for another training. After the training, she approached me and said that i passed the cross- training. I was very happy and so excited for the next day. Being an official Varsity Team is an achievement for me because not all person have the skills like me.

In my five years of playing, I realize a lot of hings like the advantages and dis advantages of volleyball.

DISADVANTAGES:

I skip the lessons that I should be learning on time. I got low grades for i miss some activities during my school days. Maybe, I should learn on how to manage my time more to attain the grades i want to have.


ADVANTAGES:

I have been to a lot of places. I travel for free. That's the best part of being an athlete. It develops my self -confidence and self- discipline which is the most important.

Full- Scholarship. I am a full scholar because I play for the school. We participate in different competitions and mingle with different people. It is a big help for my parents because instead of spending a big amount of money for my studies, they could use the money in our other basic needs. That is why I thank God for giving me such talent like this. I am very fortunate.

"Not only fame and recognition is being achive but can also gain dignity for one's self. "








3 comments:

t i n a y said...

how i wish i could play volleyball too.. sometimes i'm wondering what is my talent,, if i have my special skill.. or maybe it is still undiscovered.. hehe i really like watching girls playing volleyball and basketball for boys.. in fact,, i idolize leila barros and kobe bryant.. they're so great when it comes to sports even if they lose or win the game,, i still love watching them playing.. how i wish i could meet them in person but i thnk that's impossible.. i'm so proud of you mavic,, you're so great.. hehe

me_myself_n_i said...

First let me congratulate you for being such a good athlete. I think you should really be thankful for you were given that skill and the chance to represent the school in different places. I am a frustrated sports player, I mean I barely have sport or should I say I don’t play any sport, and for that I really think I'm missing something. You are really lucky to have such privileges, like going to other places and having scholarship. I even think it would help you a lot in the near future. So just keep it up friend, I may not know exactly how hard your trainings are, but you’ve gone a long way already so just keep on pushing, and yes you should learn to balance your time a little more than the usual. But all in all you are a great athlete and a person inside out. Cheers to life!

joanspring said...

First let me congratulate you for being such a good athlete. I think you should really be thankful for you were given that skill and the chance to represent the school in different places. I am a frustrated sports player, I mean I barely have sport or should I say I don’t play any sport, and for that I really think I'm missing something. You are really lucky to have such privileges, like going to other places and having scholarship. I even think it would help you a lot in the near future. So just keep it up friend, I may not know exactly how hard your trainings are, but you’ve gone a long way already so just keep on pushing, and yes you should learn to balance your time a little more than the usual. But all in all you are a great athlete and a person inside out. Cheers to life!